Mahoe sawmills are designed for sawmillers, by sawmillers. That means Mahoe sawmills are the best quality, with the best features of any sawmill on the market. Mahoe has been milling logs since the 1980s and between then and now have developed the ultimate in sawmills for a range of different milling applications.
Mahoe sawmills have a range of features to efficiently and safely produce accurate boards, every time.
Our Sawmills & Accessories
The Mahoe Supermill combines all the best features of the Mahoe range, powering through the largest to the smallest logs with ease.Find out more about Mahoe Supermill
The Mahoe Minimax portable sawmill is an affordable, transportable sawmill solution that delivers fast and accurate milling without losing quality.Find out more about Mahoe Minimax
Improve the performance of your Mahoe sawmill by adding accessories custom-made for your mill.Find out more about Accessories
The Mahoe twinsaw system has both a horizontal and vertical blade and is a very efficient way to cut timber.
- Both blades cut on the way down the log and return a finished board with every pass. Accuracy is excellent. The circular blades make sharpening quick and easy with the built-in sharpener supplied with each sawmill.
- Blade maintenance is minimal when you can sharpen your blades on the mill. Weld on tipped blades are sent away for re-tipping, but with inserted tooth blades you can replace the tooth yourself. Blade maintenance costs are minimal.
- Offering strength and power the rigid mounting, centrifugal force and torque to the blades will cut through knots, hardwood and wandering grain.
- Every time you cut a board with the twinsaw, it is a finished board. There is no rehandling, no edgers just a finished board ready to stack or sell.
- The centrifugal force and torque to the blades will cut through knots, hardwood and wandering grain.
Safety features are built into our Mahoe sawmills. Both the horizontal and vertical blades have riving knives so the operator is not working near the blades. The built in timber return eliminates the hard work of removing the cut boards from the mill, further increasing operator safety. All Mahoe sawmills are lever operated to reduce the physical work associated with high production.
Operating a Mahoe sawmill is not like running a marathon, you can production cut timber all day, every day with the machine doing the hard work. You get maximum production with minimum effort.
Mahoe sawmills offer different cutting patterns using the hydraulic rise and fall of the machine with the Cut to Taper feature to maximize the quality of boards retrieved from your logs.
Use the Cut to Taper facility to line the mill up to the straight grain of the log and cut good quality, full length boards. When you get to the second grade core wood or pruning knots in the centre of the log, the Cut to Taper facility can be used to cut a tapered board. This will bring you parallel to the good wood on the second side of the log to continue cutting good quality full length boards.
Advantages of the Cut to Taper facility:
- When placing a log into position, it is faster and more accurate to line the mill up to the log using the Cut to Taper facility rather than trying to move the log.
- When using a Mahoe sawmill, you are cutting a better quality board when the grain runs true to the board with no cross grain.
- Reduce docking and make stacking easier with no short boards.
- Use the Cut to Taper to chase clear wood from ugly logs.
For more detailed information on the Cut to Taper facility and Mahoe sawmill cutting patterns, contact us.
The Mahoe Supermill and Mahoe Minimax sawmills both cut up to a 12” x 8” or 300mm x 200mm boards with ease. As sawmillers ourselves, we understand the importance of being able to mill large logs with ease, we have purpose built all Mahoe mills to offer this feature.
Shipping & Transportation
Sawmills for the New Zealand market are transported either on their trailer or by truck. Sawmills to be exported are packaged in wooden crates, containerised and shipped. For more information on shipping options for your Mahoe sawmill please get in touch.