In 2016, we began looking for a firewood processor to increase our capacity and lower the overall physical workload being created by our expanding firewood business. We wanted a reputable New Zealand manufacturer and needed a machine that was very flexible in terms of wood type and size of wood rings. It also needed to be mobile, easy and safe to use, price competitive and handle the amount of custom cutting/splitting we do to suit customers fire box’s.
We came across the Mahoe Whoppa Choppa. After watching the videos of it operating, it was clear that this machine would fit the job description. We were confident of Mahoe by reputation. Mahoe have been a pleasure to work with and the quality of workmanship impressed me from day one, we have had no issues either mechanical or structural.
I can honestly say that the machine has exceeded our hopes. We comfortably process 6 cubic metres an hour with two people. It has handled every type of wood fed to it from plantation pine through to eucalyptus hardwoods and old man pine. It is so addictive to use that I rarely get to operate it and most people who have used it can’t wait to have another go.— Graham & Islay Leov, Blenheim
Where do I start, I have used all sorts of portable sawmills and spent a lot of time changing them. I have had my Mahoe Supermill since 2008 and have not had to change a thing. It is easy to use and low maintenance. The comments I get all the time now is how accurate my boards are and the particularly smooth finish for a rough sawn board.
I love the cut to taper and hydraulic rise and fall so I can really get the best boards from my logs, this is absolutely essential when you are cutting redwood and high quality logs. I love the timber return, some of my boards are big.
The worst thing is the new ones are better again, John and Ben are always improving the mills and I want the new sawdust chute and hydraulic feed.— Brian Campbell, California
Sawmills New Zealand’s range of sawmills are our choice. Our timber is accurately cut, maintenance is straight forward and parts and service are excellent. We use the inserted tooth blades so we can change the worn out teeth on site ourselves.— Oilmin, Papua New Guinea
Here are some things that I love about the Mahoe Supermill.
- Hydraulic lift and fall means quick and easy to change sizes as we cut the log to maximise conversion
- Taper cut means very quick to set up logs and helps to get the best timber out of the log
- Incredibly efficient mill to run easy to maintain and easy to learn
- The Supermill has allowed us to successfully cut logs as small as 20cm diameter right through to over 2 meters through the butt
- Mahoe mills are the best, very safe, very accurate
- We cut a wide range of species such as Macro, Douglas Fir, Larch, Lawson Cypress, Corsican Pine, and Old Man Pine
- The slabber attachment is very well designed and gives a very accurate and smooth finish
- We get constant comments about our accurate sizing and the rough sawn finish is impressive
For what we do and what we get out of our Mahoe Supermill, we wouldn’t use anything else.— Matt Stuart, Halswell Timber